A colourful month

Autumn in Sundet

Our week started with relatively good weather. The autumn here in Luleå was very notable these last couple of days. It was possible for us to observe the trees changing their colours. However, it is unfortunately a process you can just see for a few days.

The autumn sun is not rare to see and it even brings you a pleasant warmth (you can almost feel it in your heart too). If you close your eyes for a moment, you can even feel it tickling your skin. One of the most beautiful sights of autumn for me is the trees in the change of their colours and the sun shining through this sea of golden looking leaves. We are so lucky to have one of the best views of  Luleå right infront of our windows.

Sometimes I forget how beautiful autumn can be. It is a beautiful time of year when the animals in the forest prepare for the cold, dark winter.

Last week Tuesday was the first time for me to drive home alone in the dark. When I drove with my bicycle home, something crossed my road. At the last moment I saw that it was a moose. I was lucky, I didn´t bump into it. First I was scared and drove home. I told Alicia about my encounter and when we went out again to look for the moose, we saw it with its calf. People say, moose can be really agressive, especially elk cows with their calfs. However, they were beautiful big animals. They made a calm impression. It was a wonderful and exciting experience and moreover a big coincidence.

The last few days we have also been outside a lot. We made some walks and enjoyed the rays of sunshine. Together with Mamaloo and Alicia we went to explore new areas of the forest and (of course) took fika with us. 

I noticed, that most of the moments I really enjoy are the ones, which are perhaps rather small and unimpressive. Moments that you maybe feel every day. Moments that I perhaps remember only after a while how important and special they were back then.
The nature here in Sweden has shown me especially again a very different relationship to God and his creation. It goes from the northern lights to the smallest mushroom: there is love in all of them. Love for the creation. Love of God. In them is the power he took to create them and its being reflected perhaps by the vibrations from the northern lights and the structure of a mushroom, creating all in all a beautiful creation and a moment I am allowed to share and experience with others here.


So I realized that nature is not only cared through work, but also through sheer appreciation. It is the same with faith, we are not only connected to God because we pray, we are also connected to him because we belive and trust. And especially when we recognize and appreciate what he gives us.


- by Valeria Elsholz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Transformative Journey: Finding Purpose in a Good Seed Project

Jamal

Embracing Love and Community: A Heartwarming Journey of Living in a Christian Community in Sweden